OpenSea verification can bring trust and recognition to you or your NFT collection. The top projects and collectors within the NFT community are all verified and easily recognizable by the infamous blue checkmark. In this guide, we’ll go over how to get your account and NFT collection verified on OpenSea.
What is OpenSea Verification?
Being verified on OpenSea means that the platforms view your account or collection as authentic and trustworthy. There are two types of verification on OpenSea; Account and Collection.
Both styles of verification are displayed by a blue checkmark badge on either the individual’s account or collections page.
A checkmark on an account means that OpenSea has verified the authenticity of that user. Whilst a checkmark on a collection means it has a significant interest on the platform and a high volume of sales.
OpenSea Account Verification
We’ll first go over how to get verified for individual accounts.
Eligibility for Account Verification
To be eligible for account verification, you must adhere to the following:
- Own an NFT from a collection with at least 75 ETH of volume sold (or equivalent)
- A username
- A profile picture
- A verified email address
- A connected Twitter or Instagram account
If OpenSea deems you eligible, a banner will appear on your profile with instructions on how to apply.
How to Apply for Account Verification
Once you’ve completed the tasks to be eligible, you can apply for account verification by following the steps below:
- Visit your profile settings
- Find the “Apply for verification” banner
- Click on “Submit request“
Important: Once verification is complete, OpenSea will lock your profile information, and you’ll need to contact them if you want to update it.
OpenSea NFT Collection Verification
Now let’s go over how to get your NFT collection verified.
Eligibility for Collection Verification
To be eligible for collection verification, you must adhere to the following:
- A collection with at least 75 ETH of volume (or equivalent)
- A title
- A banner
- A logo
- A connected Twitter account or Discord Server
- All NFTs in the collection minted/revealed
- The NFTs in the collection are original and can be certified by the collection creator
- The collection is not significantly inspired by an existing badged collection
How to Apply for Collection Verification
Once you’ve completed the tasks to be eligible, you can apply for collection verification by following the steps below:
- Visit your collections page
- Click on the “Pencil” icon to edit your collection
- Find the “Apply for a collection badge” heading
- Click on “Request badge“
OpenSea will review your request and respond within seven days. If the application is denied, you can wait seven days and then re-apply.
OpenSea Verification FAQ
Why did I lose my verification badge on OpenSea?
Violation of OpenSea’s Terms of Service can lead to account verification being revoked. OpenSea states that they “reserve the right to decline to verify an account or remove verified status for any reason and without notice.”
I’ve completed all the steps to be eligible, why can’t I apply?
Unfortunately, not every account is eligible for verification. Whilst OpenSea provides little detail on why users may not be eligible, other criteria such as activity levels and social presence may be the reason.